This Vegan Omelet French Toast Sandwich is perfection. It’s a puffy cloud of Just Egg cooked with peppers, potatoes, onions, and cradled in two pieces of French toast. Seriously, this is delicious. It takes less than 20 minutes and is easy to make.
I thought this was a fantastic breakfast. If I ever open a vegan restaurant this sandwich will be on the menu. Maybe this will be the only thing I sell there. The Vegan Omelet French Toast Sandwich Restaurant. This has everything in it to be yummy.
Before I made this, I suspected it may be a fun gimmick for a Tik Tok video or whatever, but it works and is really helpful in a real-life scenario. I’ll be making this dish using this technique over and over again because it’s convenient and it works.
Just Egg is Delicious for Vegan Breakfast
We’d tried Just Egg before and my initial reaction was that it wasn’t that great and cost too much. I made my own version of something Just Egg-ish with this Vegan Egg Scramble, which is pretty good and is so simple. But I recently noticed Just Egg at Whole Foods for right around $3.00. That was cheap enough for me to get a couple of bottles to experiment with.
Is it Omelet or Omelette?
Both are correct! Omelet is the usual American spelling while omelette is how this delicious dish usually spelled in the UK.Just start with some chopped-up vegetables. Customize this how you like, too. I used cubed potatoes, chopped onion, chopped red bell peppers, and mushrooms. However, I can think of so many things that would be tasty here.
Saute the vegetables in a generous dollop of oil until tender. This takes about 6 minutes,
Then pour about half a bottle of Just Egg in the bottom of the pan. Take two pieces of bread (I use gluten-free!) and lay each one down long enough to get them lightly coated with Just Egg, That’s the part that makes it like French Toast.
Cover it with a lid to hold the heat in. DON’T TOUCH IT for at least a minute or two (I can hardly resist this). Letting it cook until the bottom is firm is the trick to flipping it in one piece. Loosen the edges of the Just Egg and then get the spatula under the whole thing and flip it. It’s moderately tricky but can be done. A large spatula is helpful! Add more cheese on the side that is now up. Some spinach and tomatoes are nice, too. When the underside is cooked, in a few minutes, flip one half over the other to make a sandwich,
I’ve included a video recipe for this one.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil for cooking
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped potato
- 2 tablespoons chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped mushrooms
- 4 oz Just Egg (about a third of the bottle)
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese shreds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add about a tablespoon of avocado or other cooking oil to a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped potato, bell pepper, and onion and saute until tender and starting to brown.
- Pour about a third of a bottle of Just Egg in the bottom of the pan with the sauteing vegetables. Sprinkle on some vegan cheese shreds. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take two pieces of bread and lay one side in the Just Egg to coat then flip over and lay the other side in the Just Egg and let it stay there.
- Cover the pan and allow the Just Egg to cook until firm on the bottom, which takes about 2 minutes. Check at about 1 minute.
- Once firm, flip the entire omelet over and allow the other side to cook until the just egg is firm. Add more cheese on this side and some spinach and tomato slices, if desired.
- When the underside is cooked and the cheese is melty flip once more to close the sandwich.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.