These vegan Mother’s Day recipes will help you honor all sorts of motherhood and are kind, healthy, and delicious.
In more ancient times, we honored and even worshipped mother goddesses like Cybele, Freya, Isis, Juno, Yemaya, Brighid, Mary, Rhea, and Asasa Ya.
Mother’s Day in the US
Mother’s Day is fairly new in the US. Anna Marie Jarvis created the American holiday in 1908, with financial backing from department store owner John Wanamaker and in cooperation with the floral industry, and it was adopted as an official holiday in 1914. Jarvis later denounced the holiday she created, disappointed in how commercialized it had become. Because of that, she spent her later life trying to get Mother’s Day removed as an official holiday.
Less well remembered is Julia Ward Howe, abolitionist and suffragette, who in 1870 wrote the “Mother’s Day Proclamation,” which encouraged mothers to unite for world peace.
40 Delicious Vegan Recipes for a Delightful Plant-Based Mother’s Day
Enjoy these delectable vegan recipes that are sure to honor the moms in your life. They’re mostly uncomplicated recipes made with easy to find ingredients.
1. Avocado Kale Florentine with Smoked Paprika Hollandaise from SpaBettie
This vegan Avocado Kale Florentine with Smoked Paprika Hollandaise is the perfect brunch recipe or holiday weekend – fresh avocado, greens, and a smoky hollandaise – delicious! Fresh baked in the oven, or super quick in the air fryer!
2. Savory Crepes from Planted365
Mmm, savory crepes. Looks like an omelet, tastes like a veggie filled, magically delicious cross between an omelet and a crepe. All without cracking a single egg.
3. Vegan Potato Cakes with Carrots and Rice from Little Sunny Kitchen
Vegan potato cakes made with leftover mashed potatoes, rice, carrots, onions and parsley! These potato cakes are crispy and lovely from the outside, but super soft from the inside.
4. Almost Raw Fruit Tarts from Planted365
These almost raw fruit tarts are super simple and quick to make but are delicious, super healthy, and use common ingredients found at most local groceries.
5. Spring Nicoise Salad from Yummy Mummy Kitchen
This Nicoise-inspired spring salad is loaded with classic blanched potatoes and green beans, fresh veggies, salty capers and olives, and finished with a creamy shallot vinaigrette.
6. Cheesy Broccoli Vegan Quiche from Watch Learn Eat
It’s easy to prepare this tofu-based Cheesy Broccoli Vegan Quiche using a frozen gluten-free and vegan pie crust. Enjoy a slice on its own or with some fresh fruit or a side salad. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch!
7. Easy Maple Sweet Potato Soup from Planted365
This vegan sweet potato soup is made even more delicious with a bit of maple syrup.
8. Super Spring Salad from Gathering Dreams
9. Easy Vegan Cinnamon Rolls from Delightful Adventures
If you love cinnamon rolls, then you’re going to love this recipe for vegan cinnamon rolls. This cinnamon roll recipe contains no eggs, no milk, and no butter…but no one will ever know!
10. Easy Vegan Quiche from Vegan Huggs
For a winning breakfast or brunch, serve this Easy Vegan Quiche to a hungry crowd. The filling is packed with flavor from sautéed onions, garlic, and browned mushrooms. It calls for a pre-made pie crust to make it easier!
11. Mother’s Chocolate Strudel from Vegan in the Freezer
Mother’s Chocolate Strudel only has 4 ingredients and it comes together in about 15 minutes. She will love it and needless to say, everyone else will too.
12. Mango Pudding from Planted365
This mango pudding is a simple raw food recipe. I think it’s lovely.
13. Vegan Cauliflower Steaks with Romesco Sauce from Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen
Vegan Cauliflower Steaks with Romesco Sauce are a deliciously flavorful dinner dish.
14. Warm Potato Salad from Vegan Runner Eats
Today’s vegan warm potato salad recipe is quite simple, requires only one pan (less cleanup!), and is almost impossible to mess up!
15. Mango Thai Dessert from Planted365
Thai Mango Dessert is a heavenly, super sweet, easy to make vegan treat.
16. Cold Beet Salad with pecan Arugula Pesto from Sun Kissed Kitchen
This simple vegetarian grain salad is made with high protein quinoa and has a zesty and bright arugula pesto vinaigrette – the perfect light meal or side dish!
17. Raw Food Pizza Pie from Planted365
A delicious, juicy, sweet version of pizza pie. Lots of fruit and creamy cheese with strawberry sauce. Easy to make using commonly found ingredients.
18. Banana Black Sesame Vegan Scones from Veggie Inspired
Easy dairy free scones with a surprisingly delightful flavor combo. Just sweet enough with no refined sugar. They have the perfect balance of sweet and nutty. You’ve gotta try these amazing scones!
19. Strawberry Salsa from Plant-Based Cooking
This unique and super tasty strawberry salsa is good all year round but is especially perfect for the spring and summer!
20. No-Bake Vegan Lemon Berry Cheesecake from Haute and Healthy Living
These mini no-bake vegan lemon berry cheesecake cups are the perfect little treat for cheesecake lovers who are looking for a healthier lower sugar and dairy-free option.
21. Healthy Fruit Pizza from Vegan Huggs
Tired of boring oatmeal for breakfast? Why not start your mornings off with this quick & easy Healthy Fruit Pizza?
22. Easy Vegan Lemon Cake from Veggie Desserts
This one-bowl vegan lemon cake recipe is so easy! You only need 9 ingredients and 40 minutes for this light fluffy vegan cake. Follow my step by step tutorial and soon you’ll have a moist, fluffy, zingy layer cake to tuck into. It’s not only pretty but tastes so good that nobody would guess that it’s a dairy free and eggless vegan cake.
23. Chunky Monkey Banana Cream Pie from Contentedness Cooking
My Chunky Monkey Banana Cream Pie is a beautiful vegan dessert made from 6 ingredients. Full of flavor from dates, peanuts, bananas, and coconut nectar. Gluten free and easy.
24. Quinoa Avocado Chocolate Fudge Cake from Nest and Glow
Healthy quinoa chocolate cake that’s vegan, eggless and refined sugar free.
25. Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Ganache Cake from Gluten Free Palate
A sophisticated dessert that is smooth, rich, and delectable.
26. Vegan Aquafaba Macaroons from Super Golden Bakes
27. Vegan Pot Pie from Cadry’s Kitchen
28. Coconut Chia Pudding with White Peach
29. Best Vegan Quiche Ever from Happy Kitchen Rocks
30. Peanut Butter Banana Brownies from Recipes from a Pantry
These Peanut Butter Banana Brownies are healthy vegan brownies that don’t taste ‘healthy’ at all. Use up your ripe bananas in this easy-to-make recipe. Suitable for vegan diets. Post includes Weight Watchers points.
31. Roasted Tomato Tart from Salted Mint Kitchen
32. Vegan Lemon Cake from Kitchen Mason
This beautiful dairy free / vegan lemon cake is light, moist and CRAZY delicious!
33. No Bake Vegan Lime Cheesecake from Delightful Adventures
This easy, no-bake, dairy-free vegan lime cheesecake recipe contains no cashews and is also gluten-free! It’s the perfect creamy, tangy, sweet dessert to end any meal.
34. Blueberry and Lemon Oaty Breakfast Bars from Tinned Tomatoes
35. Chocolate Avocado Truffles with a Kick from Whole New Mom
These healthy chocolate avocado truffles are a fantastic simple dessert. So easy and delicious, they are certain to become a favorite in your home.
36. Strawberry Spinach Salad with Maple Balsamic Tofu from Glue and Glitter
Sticky-sweet, Maple-Balsamic Tofu is the star of this flavorful Strawberry Spinach Salad. It’s a perfect dish for Mother’s Day or your next dinner party!
37. Lemon Pound Cake from Make It Dairy Free
38. Mexican Sweet Potato Salad from Mama Latina Tips
39. Raw Mango Pudding from With Food and Love
40. Mediterranean Mezze Appetizer Plate from Profusion Curry
Mezze Appetizer Platter !! You will fall in love with this beautiful and delicious Mediterranean Vegetarian Mezze Platter. It’s a cornucopia of amazing flavors and textures. It’s salty, creamy, spicy, warm, cold, crunchy and everything !! And it’s so easy to bring it together.
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.