Vegan Chicken Gravy that’s ready in 10 minutes! It’s delicious and easy to make and goes with just about everything! The ingredients are simple and available at most local groceries.
Vegan Chicken Gravy 10 Minute Recipe
This gravy tastes a lot like “chicken” gravy and gets a lot of its flavor from nutritional yeast. Celery seed and other spices fill out the flavor.
Just stir and heat everything except the water (or broth) for a few minutes.
Add the water (or broth) and whisk and simmer for another few minutes until the gravy has thickened.
That’s it. You haz gravy.
It goes really well with the obvious dishes, like mashed potatoes, or serve it over cooked vegetables, or as a sandwich gravy.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon white rice flour (or all purpose gluten-free flour)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons parskey flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the finely grated carrot and saute for a minute or so.
- Add in the spices and heat for another minute.
- Add the flours and stir until it makes a thick paste.
- Add the water or broth and bring to a simmer while whisking. Let simmer for a few minutes util thickened.
- Adjust for salt and pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart 7193-20 Chef's Classic Stainless 3-Quart Saucepan with Cover,Silver
Ouddy 3 Pack Stainless Steel Whisks 8"+10"+12", Wire Whisk Set Wisk Kitchen Tool Kitchen whisks for Cooking, Blending, Whisking, Beating, Stirring
Simply Organic White Onion Powder, Certified Organic | 3 oz | Allium cepa
The Spice Way Celery Seed - premium whole seeds 8 oz
Arrowhead Mills Organic Tapioca Flour, Gluten Free, 18 Ounce Bag (Pack of 6)
Anthony's Premium Nutritional Yeast Flakes, 1 lb, Fortified, Gluten Free, Non GMO, Vegan
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.