Vegan Breakfast Tortilla Cups with Tofu Scramble are easy to make and delicious for breakfast, brunch, or a snack. They use common ingredients, just some corn tortillas, tofu, and vegan cheese. Add whatever else you like to these to make them your own. Potato chunks or has browns, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, chives, and a bit of salsa are what I added and they were yummy.
Don’t Skimp on the Vegan Cheese!
And vegan cheese, of course. I used Daiya mozzarella shreds because that’s what I can find at my local grocery. I prefer the Chao shreds but I’m not complaining. I’ve been vegan long enough to remember when there was no choice … if I was lucky I could get a tiny block of plastic-like soy cheese from the local food co-op for $16. I remember how excited I was when Daiya came out with their products several years ago! It’s delicious (but Chao is even better … ).
Start by placing corn tortillas in jumbo cupcake pans, like this. They might crack just a little at the folds but it doesn’t really matter, the vegan cheese will hold it all together.
Vegan Breakfast Tortilla Cups with Tofu Scramble are Easy to Make!
Make the tofu scramble. It’s just tofu, a dash of turmeric for color, onion powder, garlic powder, and a little smoked paprika with salt and pepper to taste. Smash it up together with a potato masher or a fork until it’s broken down but still chunky.
Add the cheese to the bottom of the tortilla cup.
Spoon in the tofu scramble and add whatever you like. I added bell pepper, mushrooms, onions, and some potato chunks along with salt and pepper and a few red pepper flakes.
Bake the Tortilla Cups
Bake the breakfast tortilla cups at 350 for about 10 minutes or until the tortillas start to brown and the cheese is starting to melt.
To make these even yummier, add some salsa and more cheese and return to the oven for a few minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
They’re crispy, gooey, and full of all kinds of flavors.
As a garnish, I used chives from the garden. I love them! They’re so beautiful.
- 8 ounces tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces vegan cheese shreds
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1/2 chopped potato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- chives for garnish
- Make the tofu scramble by mashing the tofu, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flake. Mash with a potato masher or fork until broken up but still in small chunks.
- Place the corn tortillas in the bottom of a jumbo cupcake pan. Alternatively, see below for tortilla cup pans.
- Evenly distribute about half of the shredded vegan cheese between the 8 cups. This is about 2 tablespoons each.
- Add a few tablespoons of tofu scramble on top of the vegan cheese in each tortilla cup.
- Evenly distribute the bell pepper, mushroom, potato, and onion between the cups. This is about a tablespoon of each into each cup. Add more salt and pepper to taste and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, until the corn tortillas start to brown and the cheese in metled.
- Remove from the oven, add a tablespoon of salsa to each along with the rest of the cheese and return to the oven for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with snipped chives, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
3 Pack Nonstick Muffin Pan, Carbon Steel Cupcake Pan, Easy to Clean and Perfect for Making Muffins or Cupcakes, 6 Cup Jumbo
Seeds Of Change 7389 Garden Chives, Green
Tortilla Pan Set Non Stick Steel Taco Salad Bowl Makers Tortilla Shell Maker Extra Thick Steel Set of 4 By Chefcaptain
Naked Infusions Organic Gourmet Salsa - 3 x 16oz Jars - 3 pack - MEDIUM HEAT - Award Winning Smooth Salsa
Mission White Corn Tortillas 4.16 lb., 80 ct. A1
Beautiful Stainless Steel Salt & Pepper Grinders Refillable Set - Two 5 oz Salt / Spice Shakers with Adjustable Coarse Mills - Easy Clean Ceramic Grinders with BONUS Wooden Spoon and Cleaning Brush
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205
Want more delicious vegan breakfasts? Try these!
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.