Vegan Baked French Toast Casserole is a delicious and easy breakfast, even if you have a crowd to feed! It only takes a few minutes to put together and 20 minutes to bake. Voila, easy breakfast!
Estimated cost: $2.00 per serving.
A perfect breakfast for a lazy morning!
This is so easy. Seriously. It’s just bread, a bit of Just Egg, and some plant-based milk. spices, and berries and nuts. This is great for anyone but especially if you’re cooking breakfast for more than one or two people, this is the perfect way to do it. Just Egg is perfect for making French Toast. In fact, Did you know you can Bake With Just Egg? Here’s How!
I love French toast (and pancakes)!. My dad was always the pancake and French toast maker when I was a kid and, tbh, I’ve never been terribly skilled at making either one in a skillet. It takes so long to make them individually I invariably get impatient and half are burned. I generally persuade my more patient husband to handle pan cooking duties.
Vegan Baked French Toast Casserole with Blueberries and Walnuts
This French toast has added blueberries and walnuts, which are delicious. They’re totally optional, though, and if you’re in the mood for basic French toast, simply omit them.
Start with Day Old Bread for Delicious French Toast
Your favorite bread that’s not squishy fresh is perfect. Day-old or even two-day-old bread works really well here. I used a vegan, gluten-free French bread load that I get locally. I think Texas toast would be good in this, too. Check your favorite brand to find out if it’s vegan or not.
Cube the bread and then whisk together the Just Egg, milk, and spices. Pour the bread into the mix and gently stir to coat evenly. Then pour it all into an 8″ x 8″ baking dish. Sprinkle the top with a little more cinnamon, if desired. Add blueberries and walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes, until the bread begins to brown and look toasty. Serve with maple syrup and/or powdered sugar or your own favorite topping.
- 4 cups stale bread cubes
- 3/4 cup Just Egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling on top)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup blueberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- powdered sugar
- Cut stale vegan bread into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Just Egg, unsweetened plant-based milk, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place the bread cubes into the Just Egg mix and gently stir to coat evenly.
- Pour into an 8" x 8" baking dish or pan. Add a sprinkle of additional cinnamon and blueberries and walnuts, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until the bread starts to get brown and toasty.
- Serve with maple syrup and/or powdered sugar.
- Goes great with a Just Egg scramble and Beyond breakfast sausages!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.