This salad is a bit on the sweet side and I’ve even had it for breakfast. The nutrition in here is just off the charts, especially with the cauliflower rounding it out. Lots of vitamin C, vitamin K, etc. A few chopped almonds on top would be nice, too. That’s usually how I eat this, but must have forgotten them for the photos!
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped ($1.20)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries ($2.00)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower ($1.00)
- 1 small white onion ($.10)
- 1 cup strawberries ($1.00)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar ($.20)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 3 tablespoons agave
- 2 droppers stevia
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Arrange the salad ingredients on a plate.
- In a blender, puree the dressing ingredients until very smooth.
- Add cracked black pepper and salt to taste.
Did you know?
Black pepper is the unripe but dried fruit of the Piper nigrum plant? White pepper is the ripened and dried fruit. fresh fruit is green.
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.