It’s one of the heartiest raw food meals I’ve ever enjoyed. The cost is
just a little higher than usual, but come on … you gotta splurge
- 4 portobello mushrooms ($5.50)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons agave ($.20)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced ($.10)
- 2 tablespoons rawveeta ($.50)
- 1 avocado, sliced ($1.50)
- Allow two mushrooms per serving. Brush the mushrooms gently with a soft towel to clean them of any dirt.
- In a lidded container, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic
vinegar, agave, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the portobello mushrooms
and onions and stir or shake to coat. Let marinate for a few hours, or
even overnight. Alternatively, dehydrate for a few hours, to soften and
intensify the flavors.
- Assemble with the mushrooms topped with a dollop of rawveeta, some sliced avocado, and onion slices.
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.