Health Benefits of Kale
- High in protein, vitamins K, C, & A, calcium, iron, antioxidants, and fiber.
- Low calorie.
- Good for digestion. It’s all that fiber!
- Great for skin and bone health! The vitamin K and calcium work together.
- Anti-inflammatory. Just one cup of kale has 10% of the DV for omega-3s.
- Kale’s vitamin A can help lower the risk of some cancers, including lung and oral.
- The vitamin C in kale helps reduce bruising and strengthens the immune system.
- Free of cholesterol and saturated fats.
- It’s delicious!
I also used Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 50, 50% Protein Powder, 32-Ounce which is my favorite hemp powder. Manitoba Harvest leaves all the good omega-3s intact.
Just blend everything well until smooth and serve.
Kitchen Sink Smoothie
Everything but the kitchen sink is in this high protein smoothie!
- 2 big handfuls mixed greens kale, romaine, etc
- 3 bananas sliced and frozen
- 1 cup blueberries frozen
- 4 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 small beet, peeled
- 3 oz tofu
- about 2 cups water or coconut milk for blending
Put all ingredients in a high-powered blender and puree until very smooth and creamy.
Want more smoothies? Try these!
This Pineapple Green Smoothie is vegan and raw food. It’s so simple to make and totally delicious. Uses commonly found ingredients.
Mm, this Strawberry Orange Lemon Smoothie is perfect. I’m going to be quick here. Which is easy because this delectable smoothie takes just minutes to prepare. It’s full of fruity vitamins and antioxidants and is super hydrating, too.
Mmm, chocolate raspberry smoothie … I’ll be short and sweet. This is delicious. It’s also super healthy and beautiful … and so, so easy.
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.