makes one serving ~ $2.60 per serving
This was almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
I’ve called this a breakfast bowl, but to be honest I’ve been eating it at all hours, including for dinner. It’s delicious, filling, and has lots of interesting textures. With the kale and berries, it’s also chock full of super food level nutrition. Win-win!
- 1 large handful kale ($.40)
- 1/2 cup water (or almond milk), or more for blending
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen ($.30)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries ($1.00)
- 3-4 droppers stevia (optional)
- 2 teaspoons tahini ($.10)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut flakes ($.20)
- fresh raspberries, blackberries, and/or other berries ($.40)
- In a blender, puree the kale with a little water or almond milk. I do this first, even in my VitaMix, because it greens can be tough to get really smooth.
- Then add the banana, frozen strawberries, and a couple squirts of stevia, if you’re a sweet junkie like me. Otherwise, just skip the stevia. Puree again until thick and creamy, like firm soft serve ice cream.
- Spoon into a bowl and add a drizzle of tahini and maple syrup, a dusting of dried coconut flakes, and your favorite fresh berries.
nutritional information: calories: 321 fat: 10 gr carb: 65 protein: 7 gr
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.
Wow, it's good seasoned, and looks good. Eliza 🙂
Where can I find "male" syrup?:)
Ha, well, as enticing as it sounds, maybe I'd better fix the typo 🙂
wow raspberries are really quite the powerhouse fruit!
Raspberries are awesome!