This is the %DV that Kale provides per cup.
Vitamin K – 1180%
Vitamin A – 98%
Vitamin C – 71%
Mangenese – 27%
Copper – 22%
Vitamin B6 – 10%
Fiber – 10%
Protein – 5%
This smoothie is a nutritional powerhouse, but is also incredibly tasty and perfect for breakfast or an anytime snack.
- 3 cups kale leaves, loosely packed
- 2 cups water, more or less for blending
- 1 cup mango chunks, frozen
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 banana, sliced into 1 inch pieces and frozen
- ½ cup chopped carrots (can be frozen for an extra frosty smoothie)
- 4 tablespoons hemp protein powder (optional)
- Place the kale leaves and water in a blender first and process until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy.
Yield: makes about 3 servings
Nutritional information: calories: 253 fat: 0 gr carbs: 44 gr protein: 14 gr
* Popsicle option … Like any smoothie mix, this can easily be made into popsicles … just pour into molds and freeze!
Kale is also an amazing plant in the garden, is easy to grow, and beautiful, too. Start some now for a delicious Fall harvest!
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.