Easy Air Fryer Corn Tortilla Chips with Chili and Lime are delicious and so simple and quick to make. Customize your flavors and enjoy guilt-free snacking with this easy recipe. Perfect for dips and parties! And they’re perfect served alongside Roasted Zucchini Hummus. That was actually why I made these. Once I had the hummus made, I realized I didn’t have anything at all to go with it … so I made my own chips. And wow, they’re yummy, especially right out of the air fryer.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips are Great For Snacking
Homemade corn tortilla chips are an excellent snacking option because they are incredibly fresh, crunchy, and customizable. You can control the ingredients, seasoning, and thickness to suit your taste preferences. They’re a healthier alternative to store-bought chips, and making them at home allows for creative flavor variations and dipping options.
Steps to Make Easy Air Fryer Corn Tortilla Chips with Chili and Lime
These are so easy. If you’re at home craving some corn chips but are all out, grab some corn tortillas and make your own!
To Make Chili Lime Corn Tortilla Chips in the Air Fryer, Follow These Steps:
- Cut corn tortillas into chip-sized wedges. Use a sharp knife and cut them into quarters, sixths, or whatever size you prefer. I cut mine into sixths.
- Arrange the cut tortilla chips in a single layer in the air fryer basket. I have a Cosori Air Fryer that I love and use almost daily. I hardly use the oven anymore. It’s a large one, holds a lot, and heats from both the top and the bottom, so I don’t have to stop and shake it or turn things halfway through.
- Mix chili powder, lime zest, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Use the chili powder of your choice. Chipotle would be good on these, too. I discovered a sprinkling of Tajin seasoning is also really delicious.
- Lightly spray or brush the tortilla wedges with oil. It doesn’t take much oil, and this step can even be omitted if you want to go oil-free.
- Sprinkle the tortilla wedges with the chili lime seasoning mixture until evenly coated. The oil will help the seasonings stick to the tortilla wedges if you’ve decided to forego the oil, spritz or rub the wedges with a bit of lime juice.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes at 375 degrees F, flipping halfway through for even cooking if necessary. They cook fast, so check them after about 5 minutes.
- Serve the flavorful chips with your favorite dips, and enjoy!
Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips are Great for Dipping!
Once cooked, these tortilla chips are sturdy enough to use for dipping just about anything. One of my favorite hummuses is Cauliflower Hummus, and also Smoky Rosemary Hummus. These chips would also be good with this Mango Cilantro Salsa.
Easy Air Fryer Corn Tortilla Chips RECIPE
- 4 corn tortillas, stacked and cut into six wedges
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or chipotle powder or Tajin
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut corn tortillas into chip-sized wedges.
- In a bowl, mix together chili powder, lime zest, and a pinch of salt.
- Lightly spray the tortilla wedges with oil or brush with oil.
- Toss the tortilla wedges in the chili lime seasoning mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange the seasoned tortilla chips in a single layer in the air fryer basket if needed.
- Air fry at 375 F for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through for even cooking.
- Serve the flavorful chips with your favorite dips and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.