Crispy Cauliflower Tacos are delicious and easy and make a perfect dinner when you want something both fast and tasty! It really is so easy to make this and it comes together in less than 30 minutes. The delightfully flavored and crispy cauliflower bites cook up in the air fryer in less than 15 minutes.
Crispy Cauliflower Tacos Made Healthy!
These cauliflower tacos are also good for you. They’re made with whole food ingredients and can be made as oil-free as you like. I didn’t add any oil to anything and they were so good.
Quick Crispy Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
These simple tacos start with some crispy, breaded cauliflower cooked in an air fryer. If you don’t have an air fryer, just use your oven, however an air fryer makes this super easy.
Just chop some fresh, washed cauliflower into chunks. Not too small but not too big. Just the size that’s going to fit in your taco shells.
Then Add Some Breading
I use a quick four step process to get a cripsy coating on the cauliflower. I set up a bowl of plant-based milk, another with flour (I use gluten-free flour but you don’t have to), and another with bread crumbs. I season both the flour and the bread crumbs (also GF for me). Then I dip the cauliflower into the milk, then into the flour, then into the milk again without washing off all the flour, and then into the bread crumbs.
Into the Air Fryer for Delicious Cauliflower Tacos
Air fry the coated cauliflower in the air fryer for about 13 minutes, until the breading is crispy and the insides are soft.
While the cauliflower is cooking, chop up the toppings. I’ve used red bell pepper, onion, arugula, thinly sliced purple cabbage, and mango.
Assemble the Tacos!
Then just put it all together. Put the crispy cauliflower chunks in the bottom of your corn tortillas or taco shells. I use a double layer of corn tortillas that have been heated for about 10 minutes wrapped in foil in the oven. But hard taco shells would be good, too.
About a half head of fresh cauliflower was plenty for two. So a full head would be enough for four.
Finish with Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
For a tasty finishing touch, drizzle the tacos with this Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing. It adds even more flavor! Get the quick and easy recipe HERE!
- Cauliflower Chunks
- 1/2 head fresh cauliflower, washed and chopped into chunks
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 3/4 cup flour (gluten-free or regular)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (gluten-free or regular)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 8 corn tortillas (doubled to make 4 tacos)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup loosey packed arugula (can use cilantro also)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1 batch creamy avocado lime dressing
- Wash half a head of cauliflower and chop it into large-ish chunks. They should be the right size to fit into your taco shells.
- Using three shallow, medium-sized bowls, add plant-based milk to one, flour (GF or regular) to another, and vegan bread crumbs (GF or regular) to the third.
- Divide the seasonings between the flour and the bread crumbs and stir each to combine.
- Dip the pieces of cauliflower into the milk first. Then dip them into the seasoned flour second. Third, dip them back into the milk, making sure not to wash off the flour. Finally, the fourth step is to dip the chunks into the bread crumbs for their final coating.
- Place the coated cauliflower chunks in an air fryer (or regular oven) and air fry or bake at 400 degrees F for about 14 minutes, until the cauliflower begins to brown and the inside is soft.
- While the cauliflower is baking, make a batch of the creamy avocado lime dressing and chop up the topping ingredients.
- Then assemble the tacos by placing the cauliflower in the bottom and adding the toppings.
- Finish it off with a drizzle of avocado lime dressing and a squirt of lime. Yum!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Cholesterol: 0mg
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.