makes about 24 truffles ~ $.38 per truffle
This is a very basic and super simple chocolate truffles recipe. It’s perfect for holiday treats and even works well for gift giving.
- 2 cups almonds ($5.00)
- 1 ½ cups dates, pitted and chopped ($3.00)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder ($1.20)
- Cocoa powder for rolling
- In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the almonds until finely ground. This takes a minute or so.
- Add in the dates and cacao powder.
- Process again until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out even sized balls, and roll between hands to shape.
- Roll each truffle lightly in cocoa powder.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Makes about 24 truffles.
nutritional information: calories: 103 fat: 6 gr carb: 11 gr protein: 3 gr
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.
I totally want to try these. I have a weakness for truffles, but obviously the traditional version should not be consumed on a regular basis. 😉
These are so easy but taste so expensive. I made some for my non raw friends. You don't have to worry about how long they will store because they will be gone long before that. I really like showing my husband that these are also low-cost. I did have some extra shredded coconut that I rolled them in to add to the festivities. Yummy stuff you keep posting! Thanks!