- 1/2 cup almonds (or cashews) ($1.00)
- 1/2 cup raisins ($.50)
- 1/2 cup cashews ($1.00)
- 1/4 cup water for blending
- 3 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder (or carob powder) ($.60)
- 3 tablespoons agave ($.60)
- pinch salt
- In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the almonds and raisins until the mixture begins to stock together.
- Press the mix into the bottom and sides of two five inch tart pans, or plastic wrap lined cupcake tins, to form the crust.
- In a small blender, puree the water and almonds until very smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Divide between the two crusts and fill to the top.
- Add some chopped almonds as a topping, and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, to allow the tarts to cool and firm.
My granddaughter loves to make these tarts using a playset kitchen!
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.