Chocolate Sweet Potato Smoothie Recipe
Chocolate Sweet Potato Smoothie is an easy, super simple but totally healthy breakfast or snack that can be made in just a few minutes. It’s an excellent start to the day and can even use up leftover sweet potato.
Chocolate Sweet Potato Smoothie is Healthy and Delicious
This is a lot like soft-serve chocolate ice cream or a really firm shake and I could eat it every day … actually, I do have this nearly every day! There’s no reason not to! It’s a little bit of frozen sweet potato, frozen banana, cocoa powder, and plant-based milk. There’s lots of ice mixed in to make it frosty that also adds a good amount of hydration.
Yum! This is like Vegan Chocolate Soft-Serve!
My absolute favorite ice cream was always chocolate soft-serve. Regular ice cream was just too cold and too firm so I’d let it melt a little bit and stir it into an almost but not quite shake-like consistency. This is like that! And now I have it nearly every day. I add some super delicious hemp protein powder that’s made from hulled hemp seeds. It’s so smooth! You can use the coupon code PLANTED10 for $10 off your first order. It’s so good. I think I use 2 pounds in just a few weeks.
Here’s the recipe! It literally takes only a very few minutes to make it. Just whir up the smoothie ingredients and, viola, chocolate frosty delicious! I’ve also included instructions on how to make candied nuts in just a minute or two in the microwave. They’re crunchy and sweet and perfect as a smoothie topping! Enjoy!
- 1 cup plant-based milk (I like So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup sweet potato, chopped and frozen (just use leftovers and freeze the night before!)
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/4 cup Wilderness Poets hemp protein
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 ice cubes
- Stevia to taste (optional)
Quick Candied Nuts
- 1/4 cup walnuts and/or pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon white or brown sugar
- To make the smoothie, first process the milk and spinach leaves in a high-speed blender until very smooth. Then add all of the remaining smoothie ingredients into a and puree until very smooth and frosty, like a firm shake or soft-serve ice cream.
- To make candied nuts for a topping for this or anything else, place the candied nut ingredients into a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for about 1 minute. The syrup and sugar mix will harden around the walnuts and pecans as they cool.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl or large jar. Add the candied nuts and some vegan chocolate chips as a topping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 smoothie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395