Pumpkin Hummus is so easy to make and is delicious in the fall! It takes only a few minutes to throw this together for a snack or appetizer. It’s naturally plant-based and gluten-free.
Easy Savory Pumpkin Hummus
This is mainly savory although a drizzle of maple syrup and balsamic glaze at the end makes it just a little bit sweet.
I’ll make this recipe and post just as short and easy as the actual dish … The directions are to just blend the ingredients together in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth. That’s it. 2 minutes to hummus.
- 15 oz cooked chickpeas or butter beans, drained, with a few tablespoons of bean water reserved (can be canned)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (can be canned)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- salt to taste
- maple syrup
- balsamic glaze
- pecans, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and puree until very smooth. Drizzle with a bit of maple syrup and balsamic glaze, and add a few chopped pecans, if desired. Serve with chips, pita, crackers, or use on sandwiches or with vegetables as a spread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Slicing, Shredding, Mincing, and Puree, 8 Cup, Black
Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin 3 PK 29oz. Cans
BUSH'S BEST Canned Baby Butter Beans (Pack of 12), Source of Plant Based Protein and Fiber, Low Fat, Gluten Free, 15.5 oz
Bush's Best Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas) 16 oz.
Sugar Moon Organic Vermont Maple Syrup, 100% Grade A, Golden Delicate Maple Syrup, 32 oz Easy Pour Jug, 1 Qt
Colavita Balsamic (Glaze), 29.5 Fl Oz
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.