Tofu Scramble Breakfast Casserole Vegan Recipe
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Casserole is fast and easy to make using commonly found ingredients. It takes just minutes to put together and bakes to breakfast perfection in about 20 minutes.
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Casserole is Tasty!
It has lots of breakfasty things in it … tofu scramble, hash browns, sausage, and a sprinkle of vegan cheese. I liked this because once it’s put together it bakes effortlessly.
EASY to Make Vegan Breakfast!
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Casserole is an easy-to-make vegan breakfast. When anyone asks where you get your protein, just tell them from this breakfast casserole that has plenty with the tofu and sausage and the potatoes (yes, potatoes have protein!).
Start by making a tofu scramble. I prefer silken tofu for scrambles but use what you have! Same for whatever you put in your scramble … I used green bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions. But the possibilities are only limited by what’s in your fridge … or pantry. Tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, spinach, other greens like kale, grated carrots, zucchini, summer squash, chives, leeks … whatever you like.
To make the scramble just mash the tofu into small chunks and stir in your additions. Add any salt, pepper, and other spices. This is going to bake in the oven so just stir it together and then pour into one side of a baking dish.
This is a hearty dish and will feed about four hungry people. I added some frozen and slightly thawed hash browns on the side. I let mine thaw out a bit because otherwise, they’re just a little bit behind the tofu in getting down.
I added some Beyond Breakfast Sausages on the top, too. We like these and they’re really convenient. They’re better than I remember “real” sausages being way back when. It upped the heartiness factor by a lot.
- 12 oz silken tofu (or your favorite tofu)
- 1 cup scramble additions such as green peppers, mushrooms, and onions (or your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cups frozen hashbrowns, partially thawed
- 6 Beyond Meat Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1/2 cup Daiya Cheddar Cheese Shreds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mash the tofu into small chunks
- Chop the green peppers, mushrooms, onions, or any other additions to the scramble. Stir the additions, the tofu, and turmeric, onion and garlic powder, chives, and salt and pepper in. Add red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Spoon the tofu scramble into one side of a large, square baking dish.
- Spoon the partially thawed hashbrowns into the other side of the baking dish.
- Place the Beyond Breakfast Sausage Patties on the top of the scramble and hashbrowns.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the Daiya Cheese Shreds and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mori-Nu Silken Extra Firm Tofu 12.3oz x 12 Pack
Beyond Meat Breakfast Sausage Patties Spicy 7.4 Oz, 88.8 Ounce, (Pack of 12)
Anthony's Organic Turmeric Root Powder, 2 lb, Curcumin Powder, Gluten Free & Non GMO
Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Crushed Red Pepper, 1lbs - Non GMO and Gluten Free | Adds Taste and Flavor [Packaging may Vary]…
Simply Organic Garlic Powder Certified Organic, 3.64-Ounce Container
Simply Organic White Onion Powder, Certified Organic | 3 oz | Allium cepa
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395