Smores Pizza with Sweet Chocolate Cookie Crust V, GF
Smores Pizza with Sweet Chocolate Cookie Crust is a delicious and easy-to-make treat you won’t believe is vegan and gluten-free.
Vegan Gluten Free Smores Pizza with a Chocolate Cookie Crust is Delicious
This is sweet and gooey and chocolatey and just a little crunchy just like the old fireside favorite. Get the flavor of freshly made s’mores by the fire with this simple s’more’s pizza!
This is so easy to make. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, Then get the recipe started by whisking together the dry ingredients for the chocolate cookie crust. Add in the water and melted butter and mix into a dough. I used a hand mixer with dough hook attachments but a stand mixer would be great or just use a wooden spoon.
This is kind of like a cookie and a chocolate pizza crust put together. It’s not fully one or the other. But it’s chocolate and delicious. It firms up enough to be cut into pizza triangles and then hold all the tasty toppings. Grease and lightly flour a cookie sheet. I like to add a little sprinkle of finely ground cornmeal, too. Not too heavy. Like this …
Pat and roll out the chocolate cookie pizza crust dough into a shape you like. I did oblong because it’s pretty. Then spread a thin layer of chocolate peanut butter.
Any Chocolate Mixed with Nut Butter Will Do Here!
A word about the chocolate peanut butter. I ran across a jar of this in the grocery store the other day. It’s just cocoa powder and powdered sugar blended together to make a chocolate peanut butter paste. Not long ago, I also made some from tahini, like this Chocolate Tahini Spread, and one from almond butter. TBH, it’s almost impossible for any of them to not taste delicious so just make your own if you can’t find any at your local store.
Once the layer of chocolate peanut butter (or your choice) is spread out, sprinkle on the crushed cashews, and about half of the chocolate chips. Then bake for 10-11 minutes until the edges start to crisp.
The marshmallows go on in the last few minutes so they don’t burn (I did learn this the hard way … don’t walk away from your oven during this part!). Just sprinkle them on top along with the rest of the chocolate chips and then bake for an additional 4 to 5 minutes until the marshmallows are puffy and browned. Like this!
Let it cool just a bit before cutting into wedges using a sharp knife.
This is delicious while it’s still hot and gooey. It’s also delicious at room temperature. My personal favorite is chilled so the chocolate chips are firm. But you do your favorite … or all three.
Sweet Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free baking flour mix
- 3 tablespoons crushed cashews
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lactic acid
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Crushed Cashews
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Dandie's Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Sweet Chocolate Cookie Crust Instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients except for the melted vegan butter and water.
- Add the water and melted vegan butter. Stir to incorporate. Add more water if needed for blending.
- Using a wooden spoon or a hand or stand mixer blend the dough until it's smooth and well incorporated.
- Roll out the dough in your desired shape to just a bit over 1/8 inch thick on a greased and floured baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread the chocolate peanut butter thinly on the crust.
- Sprinkle on the crushed cashews and some of the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 11 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the Dandie's mini marshmallows and remaining chocolate chips.
- Return to the oven and continue baking at 350 degrees F for about 4 to 5 minutes, until the marshmallows are puffy and browned.
- Can be enjoyed warm or at room temp.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.