Pistachio Ice Cream Vegan Plant-Based Recipe
Making nuts such as pistachios a part of your everyday eating is associated with decreased risk of death from cancer, heart disease and respiratory disease.
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped and frozen
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup pistachios divided
- 2 tbsp agave or stevia to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- coconut milk or other plant milk for blending, if needed
In a food processor with the "S" blade OR a high-speed blender, puree the avocado, bananas, half the pistachios, agave or stevia, vanilla, and salt until smooth. This will take a few minutes and will be like soft serve ice cream. Add a little plant-based milk if necessary for blending.
Fold in the other half of the pistachios.
For firmer ice cream, place in freezer for about an hour, stirring it occasionally.