Lime in the Coconut Tarts: Raw Food Dessert Recipe
A note about the dehydrated bananas … these need to be just dehydrated enough to take some of the moisture out but not hard. I dehydrated my gently for about 6 hours and that seemed to work out well.
- 6 dates ($3.00)
- 1/2 cup walnuts ($.50)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut ($1.00)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave
- pinch salt
- 2 avocados ($1.49)
- 3 bananas, dehydrated ($.45)
- 4 limes, juice and zest ($2.00)
- 4 tablespoons agave ($.40)
- Make the crusts first. In a food processor with the “S” blade, process
the dates until mush.
- Add the coconut, coconut oil, agave, and salt
and process until it begins to clump.
- Last, add the walnuts and process
until the walnuts are fully incorporated and the mixture sticks
- Divide the crust mixture
evenly into and press into the bottom and sides of eight paper lined
- Put in the freezer for about a half hour, until firm.
- For the filling, in the food processor with the “S” blade, process the
avocados, bananas, lime juice and zest, and agave. It takes a minute or
two, but this will become velvety smooth and the consistency of thick
- Spoon the filling into the tart crusts and chill well before serving.