Raw Food Recipe Menu: June 26th, 2016
over 140% of the daily value of omega 3 fatty acids. These fatty acids
can protect against diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer, and
also decrease inflammation. Because the nutrients in flax seeds are
better absorbed when ground ~ and a lot more palatable! ~ I’ve used the
ground seeds in this recipe.
- 2 bananas, frozen and sliced ($.50)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries ($1.00)
- 4 tablespoons flax seeds, ground ($.40)
- 1 cup almond milk ($.45)
- a few almonds, chopped
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and puree until very smooth.
- Garnish with a few chopped almonds, if desired.
season right now. It’s pretty low in calories and not very expensive.
I’ve been known to eat the whole batch, is what I’m saying! I like to
add some cayenne and crushed red pepper flakes, but, as is true of most
things in life, heat is optional … add as much or little as you like.
- 1 1/2 cup peeled and chopped zucchini and/or summer squash ($1.20)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower ($1.00)
- 1 cup peeled and chopped apple ($1.00)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or any one of your favorite oils ($.20)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion ($.10)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Place all ingredients in high powered blender and process for a minute or two until very smooth and creamy.
- Add a drizzle of your favorite oil and some crushed red pepper flakes.
nutritional information: calories: 390 fat: 32 gr carbs: 54 protein: 5
- 2 medium zucchini, noodled ($2.30)
- 1 medium onion, chopped ($.05)
- 1/2 lb baby snap peas ($.80)
- 1 carrot, grated ($.10)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons agave ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar ($.20)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed ($.10)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
used to think breaded and fried was the only way to eat zucchini. Now,
I’m totally into raw zucchini noodles. They’re so easy to make and have a
wonderful but mild flavor of their own, so they work well with just
noodles out the zucchini with a spiralizer, grater, or with a vegetable
peeler. Toss the noodles together with the whole snap peas, chopped
onion, and grated carrot. In a small cup, whisk together the oil, agave,
vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Toss with the
noodles until coated.
hour or so, or gently dehydrated for a bit.
- 4 bananas, sliced and frozen ($.60)
- juice and zest of one lemon ($.69)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds ($.30)
- 1 cup strawberries ($.45)
- 1 tablespoon agave ($.10)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts ($.15)
- pinch salt
strawberry sauce should be made first and set aside. In a bullet type
blender, puree the strawberries and agave until very smooth.
a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the frozen bananas
and lemon juice and zest until creamy like soft serve ice cream. It can
take a bit of prodding and scraping to get the bananas going in the
food processor, but it’s worth it. Once creamy, add the poppy seeds and
give a whir or two to incorporate.
total protein: 27 gr