- 3 cups chopped romaine (or favorite green) ($1.00)
- 1 cup cubed pineapple, frozen ($2.00)
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional) ($.20)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ($.10)
- 1 cup water
- 10 ice cubes
- stevia to taste (optional)
- In a high powered blender, puree the greens until liquefied and very smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth.
nutritional information: calories: 156 fat: 0 gr carbs: 42 gr protein: 3 gr
- 1 avocado, chopped ($1.25)
- 1tablespoon finely chopped celery ($.05)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion ($.05)
- 2 teaspoons mustard ($.05)
- 2 teaspoons mayo (use something like Veganaise or make your own) ($.10)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Lettuce and optional tomato for serving
- Coarsely chop the avocado, add the remaining ingredients, then stir gently until evenly incorporated.
- Store leftovers for up to a day or two in an air tight container.
nutritional information: calories: 280 fat: 37 gr carbs: 15 gr protein: 3 gr
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced ($.70)
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced ($.70)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced ($1.50)
- 1 cup black or kalamata olives ($1.50)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion ($.20)
- 1/4 cup olive oil ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice ($.40)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave (optional, for those who like a touch of sweet) ($.20)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1-2 medium sized zucchini, spiralized
- Prepare the red and yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, olives, and onion and
place in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive
oil, vinegar, syrup, onion powder, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and
pepper. Pour over the prepared vegetables. Allow to marinate for at
least a half hour, but it can marinate as long as a day.
- When ready to eat, simply pour the marinated veggies and marinade over a portion of spiralized zucchini noodles and toss.
- 2 cups almonds ($8.00)
- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted and chopped ($4.00)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder ($1.00)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Cocoa powder for rolling
- In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the
almonds until finely ground. This takes about a minute.
- Add in the pitted and
chopped dates, cocoa powder, vanilla and orange extract.
- Process again until
the mixture begins to clump together.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out even sized
balls, and roll between hands to shape.
- For the final finish, roll each truffle
lightly in cocoa powder.
carb: 12 gr protein: 3 gr
total protein: 26 gr
What does a mostly raw, some cooked vegan grocery cart look like? Well, mine looks like this …
How about you?