Orange Banana Breakfast Salad: Raw Food Recipe
is so simple and is delicious and super healthy for breakfast. It’s the very
beginning of citrus season so oranges are exceptionally tasty right
now as well.
- 1 head romaine, chopped ($1.70)
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned ($.50)
- 1 banana, sliced ($.30)
- 2 tablespoons sliced onion
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned ($1.00)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or two droppers stevia) ($.40)
- 3 tablespoons tahini ($.40)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes for the top
- Prepare the salad ingredients.
- Place all the dressing ingredients except the crushed red pepper flakes into a blender and puree until very smooth.
- Assemble the salad ingredients on plates or in bowls. Add the orange sections, banana slices, and onion to the top.
- Pour salad dressing over and add a sprinkle of black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes. I added both.
nutritional information: calories: 256 fat: 15 gr carbs: 33 gr protein: 6 gr