Fruity Salad with Strawbery Dressing: Raw Food Recipe
Salads are also a great way to use fresh, local, and seasonal produce.
I found these amazing seedless grapes …
… pears …
… and apples …
… at a local farm market. And a fruity salad seemed to be an excellent way to use them all together. Here’s the how-to!
- 1 head romaine or leaf lettuce ($1.50)
- 1 cup grapes ($.60)
- 1 pear, sliced ($.50)
- 1 apple, sliced ($.50)
- 1 cup sliced celery ($.40)
- 1/2 cup carrot ribbons ($.20)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions ($.10)
- 1 cup strawberries ($1.00)
- 1 tablespoon tahini ($.10)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ($.10)
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3-4 droppers stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Arrange the salad ingredients onto two bowls or plates.
- Blend all the ingredients for the dressing and blend for a few minutes at high speed until very smooth and creamy.
- Divide between the two salads. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired, as well as some crushed red pepper flakes.