Raw Food Recipe: Salad with Fruit and Avocado
- 1 small head romaine ($1.29)
- 1 bunch arugula (1.29)
- 1/2 papaya ($.65)
- 1/2 mango ($.44)
- 1 avocado ($.88)
- 1 carrot
- 1 medium onion, finely diced ($.10)
- crushed pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice ($.40)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons agave ($.40)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- pinch cayenne
I still had some papaya and mango, and just a bit of arugula left
growing, and decided to make a salad. It’s basically the same
ingredients as froodles with just a few changes, over lettuce.
Chop the romaine and arugula. Grate the papaya, mango, and carrot (I
used my food processor). Add the onion and avocado on top, and sprinkle
with some crushed pepper flakes.
For the dressing, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, agave, salt
(to taste … I used about a half tablespoon), and cayenne. Pour over
salads and toss to coat.