Raw Food Recipe: Beet Ravioli Hearts
- 2 beets ($1.50)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice ($.30)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons agave ($.20)
- 1/2 cup cashews ($2.00)
- 1/4 cup water, for blending (add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 clove garlic
Slice the beets very thinly. They can used as is, or stacked a few at a time and cut into heart shapes with kitchen scissors. Then, in a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and agave, until emulsified. Add the beets and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate for a few hours or even overnight in the fridge.
When the beets are softened and ready to use. blend the remaining ingredients in a bullet type blender for several minutes until creamy.
To assemble, lay one slice of beet down and place about a teaspoon of the cashew cream in the center. Top with another slice of beet and lightly press.
Finally, add a small drizzle of olive oil (optional).