Witches Brew Smoothie ~ a Raw and Vegan Recipe for Halloween!

serves 4 ~$1.43 per serving

• 1 head romaine ($2.29)
  • 3 ripe bananas ($.45) 1 lb frozen mango ($2.69)
  • water for blending
  • 1/4 cup beet juice ($.30)

A basic green smoothie can easily become witched brew. Add a beet hand for creepy effect.

In a blender, with about a half cup water (or more, if needed), blend the romaine until very smooth. Even a small blender will do this well if the greens are blended first. Add the banana and frozen mango and blend until smooth. Serve in a punch bowl or your favorite cauldron, if desired.

For the hand you;ll need a latex glove. Rinse the inside of the glove well and fill with water and the beet juice. Make a knot in the top of the glove, or tie shut with a rubber band. Freeze for several hours or overnight, until frozen solid. Run under hot water for a second or two and then peel the glove from the hand. Put in the center of your witches brew. This serves four, so there are plenty of chilly fingers to go around.

nutritional information:      calories: 167      fat: 1 gr      carbs: 42 gr      protein: 3 gr

You may also like...

26 Responses

1. This is so cool! I'm definitely making it this year. Just included it in my Halloween recipe round-up – check it out if you're interested.

2. The first time I saw this, I didn't even think about what was in it. Now, I read the recipe closer, and I think that this would be so delicious! The beet juice would totally sweeten the green smoothie! I plan on making this soon!

3. Anonymous says:

Reallу nο matter if someonе doesn't understand after that its up to other visitors that they will help, so here it takes place.

My web blog – marketing and social networking
    Here is my web-sitemore twitter followers free

4. This is an awesome idea. The the glove is inspired and the color contrast is great.

5. Oh my goodness this is so fun!!

6. Cadry says:

Wow, that's so cool! The hand is such an awesome touch!

7. oh wow, Really awesome great creativity and nice though of view on things around us.Good work keep it up.
    NLP Course

8. moonsword says:

LOL…love this! Thanks so much for sharing! 🙂

9. This is so cool and such a great idea! Kayleigh X

10. Rebecca Stucki says:

I love this, Lisa! I recently made my own "green slime" with spinach, banana and vanilla – delicious!

11. Anonymous says:

Hilarious! This is a MUST DO for Halloween!!! Thanks!
    …Make sure you are not filling a "Powdered" latex glove (Yikes!)…maybe wash it first to be sure no chemicals on it 🙂

12. Mel says:

That beet hand looks so amazing and totally creepy at the same time!

13. Awesome! I love to make a spooky ice hand at halloween!

14. So cool! Now I kinda wish I had kids to make this for.

15. mollyjade says:

What a fun Halloween drink!

16. Sarah says:

Looks awesome – especially when the hand melts but does it taste good?

17. What an great idea for Halloween.

18. What a great idea for Halloween. I love food like this!

19. Allen says:

Hahaha that is so great – will definitely make this one on Halloween.

20. Hahahaha! That sounds delicious but looks gross (in a good way).

21. OMG that's SO cool er… creepy! 😉 And I just LOVE-LOVE-LOVE your banner!!!!!!!!! Wow.