- 5 ounces arugula ($2.50)
- 1 cucumber, sliced ($.50)
- about 12 cherry tomatoes ($1.00)
- 1 medium onion ($.10)
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped ($.50)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.10)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice ($.40)
- 1 tablespoon agave ($.10)
- 1 teaspoon tarragon ($.05)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- edible flowers for garnish
pretty and photogenic, but this salad was unusually so. I love these
viola’s. They’ve kept going all summer long and are still at it. I’ll
bring them inside when it starts to get cold and see if I can nurse them
along for a while.
flowers that can be grown in a home garden. I’ve used viola’s and a
pansy here, but other common edibles are rose, impatiens, nasturtium,
carnation, cornflower, day lily, dandelion, fuchsia, gladiola, lilac,
lavender, marigold, violet, and nearly all edible herb flowers. Just
make sure you always know what you’re eating.
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.