Lemon Poppy Seed Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce ~ Raw Vegan Recipe
- 4 bananas, sliced and frozen ($.60)
- juice and zest of one lemon ($.69)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds ($.30)
- 1 cup strawberries ($.45)
- 1 tablespoon agave ($.10)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts ($.15)
- pinch salt
strawberry sauce should be made first and set aside. In a bullet type
blender, puree the strawberries and agave until very smooth.
a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the frozen bananas
and lemon juice and zest until creamy like soft serve ice cream. It can
take a bit of prodding and scraping to get the bananas going in the
food processor, but it’s worth it. Once creamy, add the poppy seeds and
give a whir or two to incorporate.