- 1 mango, cubed ($1.49)
- 1 papaya, cubed ($.99)
- 1 cucumber, chopped ($.69)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped ($.05)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped ($.89)
- 1 jalapeno, minced ($.20)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice ($.45)
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
a food processor fitted with an “S blade, puree about a third of each
of the mango, papaya, and cucumber and the olive oil and salt until
very smooth. This is the stew base.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining
chopped mango, papaya, and cucumber, along with the onion, red bell
pepper, and jalapeno. Stir to mix.
- Add the lime juice and stir again.
Serve with a bit of black pepper and a few crushed red pepper flakes.
of the heat of a jalapeno is found in the seeds. I like this kind of
spicy so I include most of the seeds from the jalapeno. If you prefer a
bit more mild taste, just leave out most or all of the seeds.
nutritional information calories: 289 fat: 14 gr carbs: 43 gr protein: 3 gr
Hello! I’m Lisa, a vegan artist, photographer, author, Vegan Life Coach Educator, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. I love showing others how simple and delicious a plant-based diet can be. I draw and paint, cook, write, take lots of pics, eat lots of chocolate, and practice gratitude daily.