Caramel Apple Pie … Perfect for the Holidays!
- 1 cup walnuts ($3.00)
- 1 cup raisins ($1.00)
- 5 apples ($3.00)
- 1/2 cup raisins ($.50)
- 4 tablespoons agave ($.40)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice ($.40)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice ($.10)
- 4 tablespoons almond butter ($.80)
- 2 tablespoons agave ($.40)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($.20)
- 4 tablespoons water
- Peel and slice the apples into pieces
about 1/8 in thick.
- In a lidded container (I used a zip lock box),
toss the apples and 1/2 cup raisins with the agave, lemon juice,
cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice until well coated.
- Spread out on a lined
dehydrator sheet and dry for about 2 hours, stirring once or twice.
This isn’t meant to dry the apples, but to soften them and let the
- In a food processor fitted with
the “S” blade, process the walnuts and one cup raisins until the mix
starts to stick together. This takes a couple minutes.
- Press the mix
into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of an 8 inch spring form pan.
Put in the freezer for a half hour to firm.
- In a bullet type blender, puree the almond butter, agave, olive oil, and water until very smooth.
- Spoon the apple mixture from the
dehydrator into the chilled pie crust and pour the caramel evenly on
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
goodness, serve with a scoop of vanilla banana ice cream.