Strawberry Flax Smoothie
serves 2 ~ $1.28 per serving
Just two tablespoons of flax seeds, weighing in at 95 calories, contains over 140% of the daily value of omega 3 fatty acids. These fatty acids can protect against diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer, and also decrease inflammation. Because the nutrients in flax seeds are better absorbed when ground ~ and a lot more palatable! ~ I’ve used the ground seeds in this recipe.
- 2 bananas, frozen and sliced ($.50)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries ($1.00)
- 4 tablespoons flax seeds, ground ($.40)
- 1 cup almond milk ($.45)
- a few almonds, chopped
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and puree until very smooth.
- Garnish with a few chopped almonds, if desired.
nutrition information, per serving
calories: 308 fat: 11 gr carb: 55 protein: 7 gr
Heather Pace, at Sweetly Raw
, is one of my favorite blogger friends. She’s always kind and is consistently interesting! Her food is beautiful and original, and her photography stunning. And I’m not just saying that because she gave me the Liebster award! Thank you, Heather!
is German and means ‘dearest’ or ‘beloved’ but it can also mean
‘favorite’. The rules of winning this award are as follows:
1. Show your thanks to those who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal 5 of your top picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Enjoy the love and support of some wonderful people on the www!
I read and enjoy every blog in my blogroll …
but here are my five Liebster blogs …
3. Avery at Love Veggies and Yoga
Where in the world are you?
I don’t look at my stats all that often, but when I do I’m always pleased and grateful to see how many people from how many countries around the world stop by. It’s really amazing. So, where are you? Stop and say hi, leave a comment if you can, and tell me where in world you are! What’s it like? What kind of food do you enjoy there?
And btw, yes, this is different from how I usually do things. I really enjoyed blogging more often during Vegan MoFo, so I’m going to see if I can make it interesting more than once a week (I’ll still be doing a full day menu on Sundays).